Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Through my dusty Nuffnang dashboard, I came to notice that some of you (well, about 6++ of you that) seem to still be opening The Yoga Instructor Diaries to be directed to this fairly new blogsite of mine – on a daily basis! It is mind-boggling yet flattering though (as you could have just typed ‘ninie’ and your URL should show suggestions of this new site, no?).
I have to shout a loud THANK YOU anyway for that, because I still get not bad a passive income from Nuffnang for The Yoga Instructor Diaries even after five months of having stopped blogging there.
Today, I plead all of you to change your bookmark / sidebar link from https://ninieahmad.wordpress.com (and http://theyogainstructordiaries.blogspot.com of course) to http://ninieahmad.com as this domain is now hosted on a private server 😉 and I won’t be writing from WordPress anymore after this post.
See you at http://ninieahmad.com after this click!
- attended Coldplay’s VIVA LA VIDA concert,
- represented Malaysia for adidas Fitness Academy Summer / Spring ’09 in KL and adidas Fitness Academy Fall / Winter ’09 in Beijing,
- discovered life is so much fun with iPhone,
- launched www.ninieahmad.com
- awarded National Young Entrepreneur of The Year by HSBC
- got to wear designer gowns & hundred thousand ringgit timepieces under the direction of Malaysia’s best art director, make-up artist, photographer for 8-pages spread of TATLER Malaysia,
- commenced 27-minutes Headstand
- materialized my lifetime fantasy of being a SHAPE covergirl,
- launched http:beyoga.my (IMHO, one of the coolest websites I’ve ever seen)
- and started my own business
yet this is also the year that I chose to
- willingly stop writing advertorials
- happily cut my long hair short
- helplessly end my 2-year-old relationship with a wonderful and supertall someone 😦
So yes, 2009 was a really good year but..
then we came to the end.
On my 27th birthday yesterday, I managed to
- sing 27 karaoke songs (pranayama)
- stand on my head for 27 minutes (Sirsa asana)
I thank Almighty High Above for 27 years of life, breath, strength, clarity and light.
I promise You I will take good care of Your gifts lent to me; this mind, this body, these lungs, this spine, these lips, these hands
- by respecting my body enough to not simply dump anything in my mouth in the name of gluttony / to not have to kill other living being for my survival (Non-harming in any way – Ahimsa)
- by performing enough physical execise (Poses – Yoga Asana) to not let toxins and excessive fat govern my system
- by speaking only words of positive encouragements and truth to preserve your gift of truth (Truthfulness – Satya)
- by allowing my heart to let go of material things (Non-Possesiveness / Non-Greed – Aparighara) that do not help me be a better person / live longer (Inner contentment – Santhosha)
- by planting only positive thoughts in my head (Illumination – Tapas) to keep my whole system’s energy clear (Self-realization – Samadhi).
to hopefully be able to live another year in health, happiness and with Your blessing. Insya Allah.
Selamat Hari Raya to all practicing Muslims in the world and happy holiday to everyone else celebrating this long weekend.
Peace, love and victorious Aidilfitri light.