Through my dusty Nuffnang dashboard, I came to notice that some of you (well, about 6++ of you that) seem to still be opening The Yoga Instructor Diaries to be directed to this fairly new blogsite of mine – on a daily basis! It is mind-boggling yet flattering though (as you could have just typed ‘ninie’ and your URL should show suggestions of this new site, no?).
I have to shout a loud THANK YOU anyway for that, because I still get not bad a passive income from Nuffnang for The Yoga Instructor Diaries even after five months of having stopped blogging there.
Today, I plead all of you to change your bookmark / sidebar link from https://ninieahmad.wordpress.com (and http://theyogainstructordiaries.blogspot.com of course) to http://ninieahmad.com as this domain is now hosted on a private server 😉 and I won’t be writing from WordPress anymore after this post.
See you at http://ninieahmad.com after this click!
I believe that
- it will be hard to love someone else when we don’t love ourselves wholeheartedly
- it will be painful to accept others’ flaws and weaknesses when we don’t acknowledge ours, and
- it is not going to be easy to take care of other living beings (cats included) if we can hardly take care of ourselves and our own health
Speaking of taking care, I was checking this picture captured during my best friend’s wedding last Saturday,
As I tried to protect her and her beautiful dress from being stepped on, I thought I look like I was doing a Chair pose (Utkatasana) with Rihanna singing “you can be under my umbrella, ella, ella..” at the background, ha ha!
Another almost similar photo was this priceless shot captured one Sunday morning in last August during my recreational basketball session,
I should have just sticked to yoga. And futsal. And hockey.
And isn’t my Julie‘s Luna Alyssa the cutest baby in the world?
Photos by Anna-Rina
At 13-month old, she is already half our height!
Take care, big love and promising January ahead.
What’s a better way to start a new year when
- you are given the honour to be the maid-of-honour for your bestfriend’s wedding on the first day of 2010?
- and when you see yourself with your other bestfriend (whom you were her maid-of-honour) gracing January issue of Harper’s Bazaar
For full interview, get your copy of January 2010 HARPER’S BAZAAR (M’sia)
My dearest Fara Dila,
Congratulations for bringing your relationship to another milestone. Having known (and having shared embarassing secrets with) you since we were 13, I am honoured to be a small part of your big day today!
My lovely Juliana,
Never have I met anyone who is only 43kg at her most pregnant and still looks smaller than me at six-months pregnant (yes, she was four-months along as time of shooting the article above)! My prayers go to for your second baby and I can’t wait to plan your baby shower again when you come back from Holland in February.
Nevertheless I have been a maid-of-honour for the SEVENTH time and that it’s not funny attending weddings and baby showers when I am single yet again, I am excited to witness more friendships rekindled, love celebrated and beautiful babies born in 2010.
Love and a blessed year.
Last Sunday evening, I was at Alexis Bangsar catching up with my girl Nellie and killing time to catch Avatar 3D when Nellie caught this beautiful girl at a table across – sketching me!
I was over the top excited and happy, I never had anyone sketched or drawn me like a true likeness before!
And the result,
.. what do you think (with minimal inquiry on the other person, s’il vous plaît)?
- attended Coldplay’s VIVA LA VIDA concert,
- represented Malaysia for adidas Fitness Academy Summer / Spring ’09 in KL and adidas Fitness Academy Fall / Winter ’09 in Beijing,
- discovered life is so much fun with iPhone,
- launched www.ninieahmad.com
- awarded National Young Entrepreneur of The Year by HSBC
- got to wear designer gowns & hundred thousand ringgit timepieces under the direction of Malaysia’s best art director, make-up artist, photographer for 8-pages spread of TATLER Malaysia,
- commenced 27-minutes Headstand
- materialized my lifetime fantasy of being a SHAPE covergirl,
- launched http:beyoga.my (IMHO, one of the coolest websites I’ve ever seen)
- and started my own business
yet this is also the year that I chose to
- willingly stop writing advertorials
- happily cut my long hair short
- helplessly end my 2-year-old relationship with a wonderful and supertall someone 😦
So yes, 2009 was a really good year but..
then we came to the end.
My Yogilates class at BE Yoga was recorded and featured in 8tv Quickie last week!
Julie Woon of 8tv’s Blogger Boy fame and the latest addition to 8tv Quickie family did join the class as well.
For those who missed it (and my Minnie Mouse voice on tv), I will be a guest on 8tv again today but with Celebrity Chat this time around.
Celebrity Chat is aired LIVE on 8tv from 2 to 3pm and my slot is at 2.30 – 3.00pm today (Wednesday, 23 December).
See me today(?)!
Especially those from Shoes Shoes Shoes.
One of my recent purchase from them that never fails to collect compliments – is this pair of pretty pumps.
They also never fail to surprise me as they can look this scarlett red in bright daylight
Or this clementine orange at night / with camera flash!
Most of the time they look blood red with beautiful jade coloured stones, I could not feel and wear anything more Christmas-y than this!
Love, light and many healthy Christmas parties this week.